I had a look at a few of the listed wikis...
I really liked the idea of the Wookieepedia - the name itself was enough! For something on a topic like that, where there is a large fan base worldwide to be able to add entries is fantastic. The knowledge of Star Wars must be phenomenal! Its layout was similar to that of Wikipedia, so I felt comfortable navigating it.
The book lovers wiki from Princeton was also a useful way to utilise a wiki. I liked the genre list on the left hand side.
I really didn't like the Wisconson layout and presentation of their wiki. It was almost a wiki disguised as a search engine!!! Not very user friendly at all!
Anyway, it was good to see how different people have used wikis other than Wikipedia.
I know that there is a wiki for Storytime Crafts/children's activities that Joanne Potter from Wyong has set up. I suppose they're only as good as the people that contribute to them!
I think an inhouse intranet version would be fantastic for a council to use as a whole, nobody ever seems to know what or who looks after anything!!!
Enough blogging for now, the end of the week is in sight!!! Yippee!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment